Friday, January 30, 2009

If it's not one thing...


We have been having problems with Abra getting out of her big girl bed for the past week or so (which we think may be disrupting her sleep since she is suddenly trying to skip naps). This is mostly our fault for being soft about it from the beginning. She didn't try to get out for the first couple of weeks so we figured it would be fine.

Then a couple baby dolls appeared in the bed during nap. The next day it was a couple baby dolls and some fake food. The next a couple baby dolls, fake food, and a few books.

We decided something had to be done.

So today we came home from a fun morning at a friends house right before nap and I was determined to be serious about the getting out of bed issue. I carefully explained probably 5 times that getting out of bed meant a spanking. She had to keep her head on the pillow and stay under the blanket. I knew she understood as I was walking out and she said "no get down bed."

I was too occupied with Neiv to stay right next to the door but she seemed to fall asleep pretty quickly without getting up. I deemed day one of the "nap intervention" a success.

After sleeping a good solid 2 hrs, I could hear her starting to chatter to her friends. I thought I better go get her up before she was tempted to get out of bed. I opened the door real quick to find her standing up on the bed. As soon as she saw me she dove for her designated spot to put her head on the pillow.

I walked over to the bed and said "what were you doing Abra?" to which she responded, with a sheepish grin, "jump."

If it's not one thing... :-)

2 comments:

Ramona said...

and this is what i'm worried about with sean when he has no crib barriers. :)

Shannon and Andrew said...

She is too funny! Also, Congratulations on the 8 hours!!!! Way to go Neiv (and Mom)!