Friday, February 20, 2009

If a penny saved is a penny earned, I think I'll consider myself a working mother...

So my newest hobby is couponing - otherwise known as tightwadedness. I think I started getting into it when we landed at our church and I met some other really great, really cheap young ladies much like myself. Suddenly I realized that you can save all sorts of money with a little work. And now it is a bit of a game.

I have to have something to challenge me other than cute little 11-pounders who occasionally scream for no reason. Not to mention the cute 36-pounder who also likes to scream for no reason.

So basically couponing is my way of restoring reason to the Mullenix household.

Here is my deal of the day - 3 boxes of cheerios (ever had multigrain cheerios? they are really good) for $2.20 - or $.73 a piece - I used 3 different coupons matched with a sale to get that price. Not bad eh? I also threw some lotion in the picture that I got for free last night from a different store. Couldn't resist.

Although I really don't need lotion right now but it was free, so if you need some, let me know...
(I am also obligated at this point to send out a big thank-you to mom for organizing all of my coupons - see, I WILL use them) :-)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey Ruth, I am proud of you! love, Mom

Unknown said...

Tightwad like your mom....gotta love you. Dad