Monday, February 9, 2009

A bit from here and there

Abra has been saying some funny stuff lately. Alan keeps saying that this must be the best stage of parenting. I'm not sure every parent would agree. :-)

Her favorite thing to say in public these days is "Mommy Daddy sooo happy poo poo on potty." Not that she ever has - but I told her we WOULD be sooo happy if she did. At least that is better than the previous favorite statement of "Mommy hit! Obey Mommy!"

She has her bedtime routine down now and she repeats Mommy's instructions several times before we leave the room (Keep head on pillow, stay under blanket, no get down). I don't think she has gotten out of bed in quite awhile. So then the other day we were reading her favorite story of all time - Jesus and the boat (when Jesus calms the storm). We got to the part where Jesus lays down in the back of the boat to go to sleep. I tried to turn the page but Abra stopped me, pointed to Jesus and said "No get down!"

I told her that we don't tell Jesus what to do.

She also finally did the one thing I have been waiting for since we had Neiv. She is always talking about Mommy feeding the baby and the other day I looked over while feeding Neiv and there is Abra with her baby's head under her shirt. She smiled at me and said "Feed baby!" I told her that her babies get a bottle with milk. She still seems confused about this. Go figure. :-)

And lastly, today out of nowhere she sang almost the entire "Jesus loves me" song. She also got very annoyed when I tried to join in.

Is she a goofball or what?

0 comments: