Thursday, May 26, 2011

Slow down child.

It is quite shocking to think that this little boy is going to be 1 in just a couple of weeks. This might have been the fastest year of my life. And the most physically exhausting. That is ok - it was all worth it right? Blah blah motherly sentiment. :-)

Oliver is taking steps now and is as destructive as ever. He has a beautiful smile and a laugh that is exactly like the younger daughter. Actually there are ALOT of similarities between O and the younger daughter. This keeps me up at night.

Everywhere we go people who have been around him at church/playgroup/playdates etc. say he is SO SWEET and they can't imagine how he is a handful at home or ever. Yes if he was so sweet he would value his mother's sanity a bit more. Don't get me wrong, he IS a sweet boy. A sweet, opinionated, physically combative, whiny, and highly reactive boy.

Oh but I love him. I caught Abra pinching his cheeks earlier today and thought it was mighty hypocritical of me to lecture her on not pinching those chubby cheeks when I do it all day long.



He loves the "van tractor." Can't tell you how many times he has become wedged underneath it.


This was such a boy moment. We are in the kitchen, he hears the "beep beep" of a backing up truck and he is at the front door in a flash, terribly excited about the work being done in our neighbor's yard.



Dirt. I have a feeling I'll be seeing alot of this.




I guess it tasted pretty good.

1 comments:

Shannon and Andrew said...

Gotta love boys! Dirt, worms, bugs, boys somehow have a natural pull toward the messier things in life. He is such a cutie :)