Friday, January 7, 2011

Handprint snowman ornaments

My friend Mary brought the goods over to make these when we hung out right before Christmas. It is an easy, quick, and fun craft which is the only kind this Momma of 3 little ones can handle these days. All you need is blue ball ornaments , white craft paint, and a good set of paint pens. You could really doll them up with ribbon, sequins, buttons or whatnot of course but then who has that kind of time and energy? We did the bare bones version and they came out great. Maybe I'll upgrade to sequins next year if I'm getting more sleep or Alan finally gets me that nanny I've been asking for.

All you do is paint the kiddo's hands and get them to grip the ball by putting it in the palm of their hand and wrapping their fingers around it. Even Oliver could do it which was challenging but worked out just fine. Gotta love those pudgy little fingers.

I went in search of blue ornament balls for next year when we hit the mall's 75% Christmas clearance this week and found every color EXCEPT blue. I'm going to keep my eye out so I can do the ornaments early next year.



0 comments: